Health Care Access and Public Benefits
The following written self-help materials and videos are available, free of charge.
Click on the title of each brochure to download a PDF.
Health Care Access (Medicare/Medicaid)
- Medicare Part D Subsidies
- Help with Medical Care and Prescriptions for Those Who Do Not Have Medicaid or Medicare
- Help with Medical Care and Prescriptions for Those with Medicare but Not Medicaid
- How to Represent Yourself in a Medicaid Hearing
Public Benefits (Social Security, SSI, Food Stamps, Work First)
- Guidelines for Applying for Social Security and SSI Disability Benefits
- What to Do if You Have Been Denied Social Security or SSI Benefits
- How to Ask for a Waiver of an Overpayment from Social Security
- Attorneys in Mecklenburg County Handling Social Security
- Food Stamps Eligibility
- What is Work First Family Assistance